April 6, 2010

Karpal Singh Advices Me To Close The File

Jalan Pudu Lama, Kuala Lumpur, 20 R. Akhir = 05 April (Monday):

Imagine the case dragged up to twelve years old and still unsettled. The beginning when I was a candidate of Pas in Kajang State Assembly in 1999 and won the Kajang constituency with a small majority that only by 37 votes. That result made our rival from MCA Mr Tow Chow Tong dissatisfied and brought the case to court.

To defend our seat of Kajang. Pas Hulu Langat and Kajang which was the state Assembly under the Parliament of Hulu Langat made decision in their meetings to engage the best lawyer to defend our seat. We choosed the "Lawyer of Lawyers". Mr Karpal Singh, while MCA choosed Datuk Shafie Abdullah as their lawyer. That the beginning we were called to court. As you know, Mr. Karpal Singh a well known lawyer, to open file for a case you need to pay at least RM50,000/=. However because as we were from opposition party and worked together, the firm of Mr Karpal Singh just charged us above RM20,000/=. However we were spent totally not less than RM30,000. The case took almost 12 years and we were tussled from the old high court at the Perangsang building in Shah Alam and than to new court building in Shah Alam and the last to Istana of Juctice Building Court in Putra Jaya last year. It was more than 10 times we were up and down the courts. Thank to Allah before the end of our Kajang Constituency term, we won the case clearly.

Although we won the case, but we were stiil appealed to court that our rival to pay compensation that we were not only spent cash, but times and energies, not only me, but our supporters that came to support whenever the cases were hearing. But our rival too asked to judge to clear the case without burden to him to pay the compensation.

As the case unending, in the early morning today at 9.00 am. I was called by the office of Mr Karpal Singh, that the Lawyer asked me to meet him at 5.30 this evening and fortunately I have no programme at that time, so after praying Asar I drove personally to Mr Karpal Singh Office at Jalan Pudu Lama Kuala Lumpur and reached there exactly at 5.30 pm. During my driving time, my imagine that if we would get the compensation say around RM60,000 we would divided it into three, part for Hulu Langat, part for Bangi and for me. We will spend the money for our party and as deposit to buy a building for PAS Office in Serdang.

Although I reached the Office of Mr Karpal Singh at axact time, there were many persons called almost the same time. So I must wait for my turn, The turn came at about 6.45. The first thing that Mr Karpal Singh said, "The case took a along time !" and I said,
"Yes, almost twelve years that start from 1999 until now." and I asked Mr Karpal Singh,
"How about the result of the appeal ?", He ask me whether Mr Tow Chow Tong met me about the case. I answered that I never met him and I do not know about him. He said, He would not pay easily, unless we appeal to the court again and that need money to spent and the result might be not clear and we might get nothing.

So I asked Mr Karpal Singh, "So what the best way for us to do ?"
He adviced me to leave it and close the file. After a while I agreed with his advice. After that we spoke about the political situation today. About Bangi and about our intention to win the next 13th general election.

Thank you for our supporters from Hulu Langat and Bangi whose always support and accompanied me during the hearing at the courts. Thank you for Allah. We won the case court, although we could not get any compensation.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment